The Nick Tyrrell Research Prize
Following the successful Nick Tyrrell Memorial seminar held in October 2011, the SPR, IPF and INREV have established the Nick Tyrrell Research Prize. The objective of the prize is to recognise and promote high quality applied research in the field of real estate investment.
With all the submissions received, an expert judging panel will decide on awarding the prize. Prize winners will receive:
- a cash prize of £2,000;
- publicity from the three sponsoring organisations;
- an opportunity to present their work at an industry conference;
- assistance with journal submission.
The prize will be awarded to a paper addressing any topic in real estate investment that combines both academic robustness and practical relevance. To qualify, papers need to be:
- innovative, original and timely;
- relevant to the property investment industry;
- sufficiently well written to be published in a leading academic property journal;
- typically between 5,000 and 10,000 words.
For full details on the submission criteria please see the downloadable details. The Judges are under no obligation to award the prize, but the prize may be awarded up to twice a year. There are two rolling deadlines for submission of papers: 31 May and 30 November of each year.
If you would like to discuss a possible submission or have a paper that meets the criteria, please email Secretary of the Nick Tyrrell Prize Anne.Koeman@gmail.com.
Logged in SPR members are able to view the downloads for this event.