The role of research at Grosvenor
The Research Analytical Unit (RAU) produces research that directly informs real estate investment strategy at the Grosvenor Holding Company level. This role supports the Group Research Director and Senior Analysts in producing economic, property market and megatrend analysis for the Group Board, Executive teams and wider business. There are three core pillars of the RAU:
- Strategy & Capital Allocation: Monitoring emerging trends in global economy and real estate markets (e.g. impact of COVID on economic growth outlook)
- Far-Sighted Research & Analysis: Providing thought leadership on long-term economic, demographic, social and environmental forces that could disrupt the urban environment
- Urban Analytics: Combining granular urban datasets with rigorous statistical analysis to track urban change in our target cities and predict emerging real estate needs at a neighbourhood level
Purpose of the role
This role is an opportunity to apply economic expertise in an exciting and intellectually curious environment. A keen learner will build the skills to move into a more senior position within the team.
Supporting economic and megatrend analysis at Grosvenor
The successful candidate will show a real interest in supporting our strategic and thought leadership capabilities through rigorous economic and trend analysis. This ranges from updating senior stakeholders on global macroeconomic and real estate market trends, to developing points-of-view on structural changes such as the digitisation of retail and office work.
- Assist the Group Research Director and Senior Analyst with analysis of major long-term economic and real estate trends
- Provide a high level of econometric modelling expertise to ensure that Grosvenor maintains best practice in its modelling of property and investment markets; to facilitate knowledge sharing and skill transfer across the business
- Maintain a global economic and property market database to facilitate in depth analysis of key markets
- Assist the Group Research Director in the strategic analysis of Grosvenor’s key markets to help support the Group’s capital allocation process
- Contribute to Grosvenor’s analysis of long-term real estate trends and structural changes (Grosvenor points of view)
- Work with the Senior Analyst when required to assist in applying statistical analysis for Urban Analytics projects
- Respond to internal client requests for market data, analysis and comment
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Economics or a related discipline, with an excellent academic record and study of theoretical and applied econometrics. A master’s degree is desirable
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a commercial or consulting environment, including presenting complex ideas to business stakeholders
Skills and knowledge
- Strong quantitative skills, including knowledge of and ability to apply econometrics
- Experience of having applied econometric analysis in a professional/commercial capacity e.g. consultancy projects
- Understanding of and ability to apply financial and investment theory
- Strong statistical knowledge including ability to use econometric software (e.g. R, EViews)
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science methods is desirable
- Strong written and presentation skills, able to adapt communication for audiences of varying seniority and technical understanding
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to co-ordinate and work on multiple projects consecutively
At Grosvenor, we seek to recruit and develop people who share our values – Integrity, Respect and Trust – and have the skills and ambition to help us implement our strategy. We stick to our promises, build lasting relationships with partners and work closely and responsibly with local communities.
To apply for this vacancy, please click here.