Director of Research Ireland
The successful candidate will join the Savills Ireland Leadership team reporting to the Managing Director and leading a team of research analysts.
Broad responsibilities include real estate market analysis and forecasting, production of insightful research reports, client reporting and internal/external enquiry response. Key interaction points include Savills Director team, existing and prospective clients, business development and other Research and strategy colleagues.
Savills Research has a reputation for providing best in class, credible and insightful advice. The successful candidate will be an industry leader than can effectively communicate and pitch relevant research to internal and external clients and act as principal regional spokesperson on strategic and economic issues for these audiences.
The appointed candidate will be a high-performing individual, with a proven ability to work autonomously to deliver outcomes. An excellent communicator, the future Director of Research can build relationships at all levels and is confident providing intellectual leadership to internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you hold tertiary qualifications in economics, property, planning, or related discipline and relevant industry experience (10+ years).
• Further develop Savills’ class-leading data infrastructure in line with evolving business needs. This includes, database content and design, data handling processes, user interfaces and analytical tools.
• Spearhead the company’s thought leadership program, producing regular analysis for external clients on the Irish real estate market.
• Provide thought-provoking and persuasive insights and commentary based on analysis of economic and real estate data.
• Devise leading indicator trends that help call the direction and turning points of various aspects of the property markets.
• Manage the Research team; hiring and developing industry leading research analysts
• Lead House View discussions with respective colleagues in the organisation and enforce these recommendations into day-to-day activity.
• Produce leading market reports / thematics on risks, trends and drivers of property markets.
• Be part of a team that helps to win new business mandates by promoting analytical, thought provoking insights into the process.
• Work closely with the Director of Communications to build strong relationships with Irish and international media as well as strengthening Savills’ thought leadership position in the Irish market.
• Write press releases and opinion editorials on property related topics for placement in national media outlets and engage in radio / TV interviews on property related topics.
• Takes part in relevant conferences and events and maintains/expands network.
• Collaborate with other members of the global research and strategy team to define data requirements and data opportunities.
• Advise clients on the impact of economic, political, policy and social developments on macroeconomic forecasts, markets and the business operating environment, with a focus on the Irish real estate market.
• 10+ years’ experience gained most recently in a senior commercial research role, ideally within the property or financial sector.
• Leadership experience in a business environment.
• Experience of assisting management in growing and developing a business in a strategic fashion.
• Successful influencer and decision maker at a high level involving complex issues.
• Experience in handling media interviews and online media platforms desirable.
Key Technical Competencies
• Strong working knowledge of standard business software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, presentation packages
• Strong technical economics skills, with proven practical experience of econometric forecasting, quantitative and statistical analysis.
• Practical experience of specific statistical software, familiarity with database architecture preferred but not essential as well as Tableau.
• Ability to distil a clear signal from complex data, develop this into actionable insights, and communicate these simply and effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to inspire and lead a team of professionals toward the achievement of agreed goals.
Key Personal Attributes
• Internalised sense of personal responsibility for the highest quality standards
• Well-organsised with exceptionally high level of attention to detail
• Embrace a fast-paced and dynamic business environment while simultaneously advancing long-term strategic objectives
• Adaptable and able to flex their agenda in accordance with business / client needs
To apply for this role, please click here.