A new full-time role has become available within the commercial property research department at Savills, the leading global real estate provider, which will be based at their head office at 33 Margaret Street in central London.
The role involves collecting data and maintaining databases specifically on hotel markets in Europe as well as utilising existing in-house datasets. This will extend to carrying out analyses of the data as well as supporting the day to day business of the Research department and Savills hotel teams, both of which the right candidate would work with closely. As a result some European travel would be required. The longer term aspirations for the right candidate would for them to become the lead commentator on the European hotel market to include writing market reports and presentations.
The role will suit an individual who is a recent graduate or who has 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and the ability to communicate in a clear and engaging fashion.
The Savills research team is unique in providing advice and analysis to clients across all commercial and residential sectors of the property market. The geographical coverage spreads from Central London to all markets in the UK and also includes the key markets across Europe. Our established research team has a strong reputation for producing accurate, well-informed and, above all else, independent analysis and commentary. The team is also able to provide demographic/GIS services and assist with investment decisions. External clients include developers, landlords, investors and occupiers.
• Data collection and management of relevant databases
• Analysing and interrogating published data and in-house market intelligence, gathered through Savills network of European hotel and research teams
• Developing and commercialising new insights into the European hotel market
• Collaborating with research & hotel colleagues to establish market trends and drivers.
• Presenting analysis and commentary to hotel agency & valuation teams and research colleagues, the wider Savills business, and external clients.
• You will be required to be a committed team player and get involved in a variety of projects and activities within the research team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong team player: builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility
• Confident with a positive outlook
• IT literate with a proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Educated to degree level.
• Some experience in economics or real-estate would be useful but not essential.
• A second European language would be useful but not essential
• Some experience with Salesforce would be useful but not essential.
• A confident telephone manner.
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and covering letter to Marie Hickey - firstname.lastname@example.org