We are recruiting a Head of Research to join a five-strong Research and Insight team. The goal of the Research and Insight team is to deliver unique, data-led research that answers the most important questions facing businesses operating in the UK housing market.
This role will lead and own the specification and delivery of high quality, data-led research via regular and bespoke reports and presentations to a wide range of audiences.
Generating engaging insight is all about getting the data to do the talking. We leverage a wide range of bespoke analytical tools to generate insight and build models covering all the different aspects of the market including affordability, turnover, prices, rents, yields and new homes. We do not think national or regional and like to build our analysis from the bottom-up. Our deliverables come in many forms from insight reports, models to visually engaging presentations and data visualisations.
The ideal candidate will be highly numerate and have a proven knowledge and track record of running research projects. A keen interest in housing, development, mortgages or a related area is essential.
You’ll need to be a good communicator, with experience of presenting analysis and information to senior stakeholders and engaging with the national media.
• Write insight reports for publication and distribution to partners and the media.
• Run the reporting and commentary for the Hometrack UK Cities house price index.
• Develop new quarterly reports into key market themes for publication.
• Conduct detailed analyses on key aspects of the housing and mortgage markets, develop and run ongoing analysis/models that track the key trends at national/local level.
• Prepare and deliver market insight presentations to customers and partners.
• Engage with key internal stakeholders in sales and marketing teams and the media.
• Extensive hands-on experience applying the above within a business environment.
• Proven expertise in housing or wider property market or policy related discipline to a senior level.
• High-calibre degree in Economics, Statistics or relevant discipline.
• Attention to detail, proven analytical skills and report writing.
• Strong presentation skills and experience of engagement with the media.
• Creative thinking, initiative and outstanding problem-solving abilities.
• 25 days annual leave.
• Birthday and house move days off.
• Private health and dental.
• Gym on site in London – or membership in regional offices.
• Up to 7.5% pension contribution by the company.
• Free breakfast and afternoon snacks.
• Friday evening drinks.
• Discretionary annual bonus up to 10% of base salary.
• Training and development programs.
• Talent referral bonus up to £5K.
• In house massage / nail treatments available.
To apply for this role, please click here.