Reporting to the Head of Investment Strategy, the role presents a great opportunity for a dynamic individual who will be responsible for providing support to the whole business and will be broadly required to assist in the investment decision making process. The candidate will need to challenge and be challenged on research outputs. The role requires maintenance of relevant data, the ability to analyse and generate insight from the data, being inquisitive and able to think outside of the ‘research box’.
This a varied research role where you will be providing insight along the whole of the investment process. There will be quarterly market report production, but you will also support Investment Managers on a variety of property investment research projects, including portfolio analysis and purchase & disposal decision making. You will have research experience in the real estate market and perhaps be looking for your next career move since graduating. The role requires someone who is highly personable, but analytical, and be able to provide practical conclusions from the research.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and job satisfaction by being able to contribute to the success and profitability of the business.
• The candidate will help Investment Managers make the right decisions all the way through this investment process. Investments are international, although the bulk of the assets are in UK and Ireland. The candidate should have a keen interest in investments and be keen to develop the insight that can be provided in order to make the right investment decisions.
• Must have a good degree with a research bias such as economics, geography, estate management etc. Post graduate or other qualifications (e.g. CFA) desirable. A minimum of one year commercial experience in the property market. Business orientated and committed to continuous improvement, achieving high standards and adding value.
• Capable of using analytical skills to provide interpretation and advice to internal management. Quantitative skills are essential as is the ability to think laterally and review and evaluate assumptions. Intermediate, or higher, Microsoft Office skills and literacy. Candidate will be responsible for updating and maintaining the company’s research databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be articulate, able to express ideas and technical information in a succinct manner. Some experience of presenting your work and findings to internal or external clients preferable. You will be able to write comprehensive and detailed research documents and reports.
• Confident in dealing with all levels of management. Must enjoy dealing with different issues and meeting tight deadlines. Have a strong drive and be intellectually inquisitive, having ideas of your own and enjoy contributing to decision making.
• Pragmatic approach to solving problems and developing recommendations. Be highly organised, with the ability to anticipate work requirements, and take a proactive approach.
• Competitive salary, depending on experience, discretionary bonus and additional benefits.
To apply for this position, please submit a CV to Martin Mahmuti (Martin.Mahmuti@kf-im.com).