On a day-to-day basis, the Research & Analytics Analyst will be contributing to the ongoing maintenance and development of INREV’s research and market information products, ensuring the quality, productivity and seamless delivery. The Research & Analytics Analyst will work with the Research & Market Information team to support improvements and expansion of data on the non-listed real estate industry as well as carry out in-house research and oversee externally outsourced research projects. Additionally the Research & Analytics Analyst will contribute to new initiatives and research on the non-listed real estate industry.
• Be responsible for the ongoing production and further development of the INREV surveys and studies, including data collection, verification, validation, analysis and report writing. Ensure publications are delivered accurately, are of high quality and are timely.
• Conduct or oversee research using INREV’s primary sources of information on the non-listed real estate industry. Identify and apply appropriate statistical and analytic techniques to support quantitative and qualitative research findings and recommendations.
• Proactively reach out to members and non-members to contribute data and information to INREV: the INREV Vehicles Universes, the INREV Indices, surveys and other projects as required.
• Provide supporting research and analysis for internal and external projects that uses INREV’s primary sources of information.
• Actively contribute from a research and analysis perspective to other areas of INREV, such as professional standards, public affairs, events, training and communications.
• Actively contribute ideas for INREV’s Research & Market Information programme; working closely with the Research committee and affiliate associations, such as ANREV, NCREIF and PREA.
• Support the Research & Market Information team in developing the vision for INREV's Research & Market Information programme.
Role in the Team
The Research & Analytics Analyst reports directly to the Director of Research & Market Information.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree, with a major in statistics, mathematics, finance, economics or real estate.
• Minimum of three to five years working experience in a related position with strong preference for previous knowledge of the non-listed real estate industry or alternative investment industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language at INREV).
• Experience of data collection, data cleansing and analysing large datasets, writing research reports and articles, as well as preparing and delivering presentations.
• Strong analytical skills, excellent skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word, good working knowledge of other MS Office applications such as Access and Outlook, good understanding of database structures; good working knowledge of statistical languages an advantage, in particular Python and R.
• Proficient in at least one European language in addition to English, strong preference for German, French, Dutch, Italian or Spanish.
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, assertive and a strong communicator
• Analytically minded, high level of precision and meticulous attention to detail
• Team player, and able to work responsibly alone
• Becoming part of a leading European association, representing, promoting and shaping an industry which grows and develops at a high pace
• A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
• Hours: 40 hours a week
• Appointment will be based initially on an annual contract
• Based in Amsterdam
• Overnight travel required
Please submit your application in writing with a CV and cover letter to HR@inrev.org stating your salary expectations. The deadline for applications is Friday 19 April 2019.